Terms & Conditions
Access to and use of this Website and the products and services available through this Website (collectively, the “Services”) are subject to the following terms, conditions and notices (the “Terms of Service”). By using the Services, you are agreeing to all of the Terms of Service, as may be updated by us from time to time. You should check this page regularly to take notice of any changes we may have made to the Terms of Service.
Access to this Website is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the Services without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason this Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts or all of this Website.
You must not misuse this Website. You will not: commit or encourage a criminal offence; transmit or distribute a virus, trojan, worm, logic bomb or post any other material which is malicious, technologically harmful, in breach of confidence or in any way offensive or obscene; hack into any aspect of the Service; corrupt data; cause annoyance to other users; infringe upon the rights of any other person’s proprietary rights; send any unsolicited advertising or promotional material, commonly referred to as “spam”; or attempt to affect the performance or functionality of any computer facilities of or accessed through this Website. Breaching this provision would constitute a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. Not Seven will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and disclose your identity to them.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of this Website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
The use of automated systems or software to extract data from this Website for commercial purposes, (‘screen scraping’) is prohibited without license.
The intellectual property rights in all software and content made available to you on or through this Website remains the property of Not Seven or its licensors and are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved by Not Seven and its licensors. You may store, print and display the content supplied solely for your own personal use. You are not permitted to publish, manipulate, distribute or otherwise reproduce, in any format, any of the content or copies of the content supplied to you or which appears on this Website nor may you use any such content in connection with any business or commercial enterprise.
You shall not modify, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or create derivative works based on any software or accompanying documentation supplied by Not Seven or its licensors. asSeenonScreen.com™ and Not Seven.com™ are trade marks belonging to Not Seven. No licence or consent is granted to you to use these marks in any way, and you agree not to use these marks or any marks which are colourably similar without the written permission of Not Seven.
Not Seven reserves the right to close an account if any user is seen to be using proxy IPs (Internet Protocol addresses) in order to attempt to hide the use of multiple accounts, or disrupts any of our services in any way.
• Submission of material
You own all of the content and information you post on the Website. In addition:
For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos (“IP content”), you specifically give us the following permission, subject to your privacy settings: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with Not Seven (“IP License”). This includes for example and without limitation the right and license to use, reproduce, modify, edit, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such material (in whole or part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed. In certain circumstances Not Seven may also share your contribution with trusted third parties.
This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account provided that your content may still be accessible if it has been shared with others, and we are not obligated to delete IP content shared by you. You also acknowledge that Not Seven is not obliged to publish any material submitted by you on any Not Seven publication.
When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
When you use an application, your content and information is shared with the application. We require applications to respect your privacy, and your agreement with that application will control how the application can use, store, and transfer that content and information.
When you publish content or information using the “Public” setting, it means that you are allowing everyone, including other Website users , to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (i.e. your name and profile picture). We advise that you never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (telephone number, home address, business address, delivery address or email address or any other details that would allow you to be personally identified).
We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about Not Seven, but you understand that we may use them without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
By submitting any material to us, you agree to use the Not Seven Community Areas in accordance with the Community Guidelines and these Terms and Conditions.
If you do not want to grant Not Seven the permission set out above on these terms, please do not submit or share your contribution on the Community Areas.
The Service provides you with the ability to interact with social media services, such as through Facebook “Like” buttons, Twitter and otherwise. These features may enable integration and/or access to your social media accounts. We do not control those social media services, your profiles on those services, modify your privacy settings on those services or establish rules about how your personal information on those services will be used. You and the social media service providers are in control of those issues, not Not Seven. You are encouraged to read all policies and information on the applicable social media services to learn more about how they handle your information before using any such features made available to you on our Service. We are not responsible for any acts or omissions by any social media service provider or your use of features that come from their platform.
By placing an order you are offering to purchase a product on and subject to the following terms and conditions. All orders are subject to availability and confirmation of the order price.
Dispatch times may vary according to availability and any guarantees or representations made as to delivery times are subject to any delays resulting from postal delays or force majeure for which we will not be responsible. Please see our Delivery Charges notice for further information.
In order to contract with Not Seven you must be over 18 years of age and possess a valid credit or debit card issued by a bank acceptable to us. Not Seven retains the right to refuse any request made by you, and Not Seven reserves the right to close your Not Seven account at its sole discretion. If your order is accepted we will inform you by email and we will confirm the identity of the party which you have contracted with. This will usually be Not Seven or may in some cases be a third party. Where a contract is made with a third party Not Seven is not acting as either agent or principal and the contract is made between yourself and that third party and will be subject to the terms of sale which they supply you. When placing an order you undertake that all details you provide to us are true and accurate, that you are an authorised user of the credit or debit card used to place your order and that there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of the goods. The cost of foreign products and services may fluctuate. All prices advertised are subject to such changes. Please be aware that some of the goods sold through our Websites may not be suitable for children under 18 years of age, so please take extra care when purchasing goods as gifts, for under 18’s.
a. Our Contract
i. When you place an order, you will receive an acknowledgement e-mail confirming receipt of your order. This email will only be an acknowledgement and will not constitute acceptance of your order. A contract between us for the purchase of the goods will not be formed until your payment has been approved us and we have debited your credit or debit card.
b. Pricing and Availability
i. Whilst we try and ensure that all details, descriptions and prices which appear on this Website are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of any goods which you have ordered we will inform you of this as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled. If you cancel and you have already paid for the goods, you will receive a full refund. Where applicable, prices are inclusive of VAT. Delivery costs will be charged in addition; such additional charges are clearly where applicable and included in the ‘Total Cost’.
ii.The Service may contain typographical errors or other errors or inaccuracies and may not be complete or current. We therefore reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update information at any time without prior notice. We reserve the right to refuse to fill any orders that you may place based on information on the Service that may contain errors or inaccuracies, including, without limitation, errors, inaccuracies or out-of-date information regarding pricing, shipping, payment terms, or return policies.
i. Upon receiving your order we carry out a standard pre-authorisation check on your payment card to ensure there are sufficient funds to fulfil the transaction. Goods will not be dispatched until this pre-authorisation check has been completed. Your card will be debited once the order has been accepted.
- From time to time, we may offer promo codes which may apply to any, or certain specified purchases made through the Not Seven Website.
- There are two ways of receiving a promo code:
- We may send one to you via email for reasons such as, without limitation, your birthday, your Not Seven anniversary and student validation.
- From time to time, we may offer promo codes on the Not Seven Website that you can apply at checkout in order to receive a specific discount from us.
- Only one promo code can be used against an order at any one time.
- A promo code can’t be applied to an order after that order has been placed.
- A maximum spend limit of 500euro (or equivalent local currency) pre-discount applies per order.
- Certain brand or product category exclusions may apply so we’ll let you know if you can’t use your promo code on anything before you complete your purchase.
- A maximum 20% discount applies to all beauty products, regardless of the value of the promo code.
- If the promo code has expired, you won’t be able use it.
- We’re afraid we can’t accept any responsibility once we have given you a promo code and we are not obliged to provide you with a replacement if it gets lost and/or gets used by someone else as this will result in the promo code being cancelled.
- If a promo code is offered on the Not Seven Website and can’t run properly because of fraud, tampering, technical errors or anything else that is beyond our control which affects the running, administration, security or fairness of the promo code, we reserve the right to cancel, modify or suspend the promo code.
- Promo codes are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash. If you receive a promo code, it can only be used by you on your own Not Seven account for the purpose for which it was issued. You must keep it confidential and only use it for making your own orders on Not Seven. Don’t pass your code directly on to others or make it available to others (for example, posting it on social media or on a forum). If we believe that at the point of purchase or retrospectively you are abusing the use of promo codes in any way (for example, selling them to others), we reserve the right to cancel your promo code or suspend/close your Not Seven account without letting you know beforehand.
- We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time.
- The promoter is not-seven.com.
The material displayed on this Website is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. Unless expressly stated to the contrary to the fullest extent permitted by law Not Seven and its suppliers, content providers and advertisers hereby expressly exclude all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity and shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever, including but without limitation to any direct, indirect, special, consequential, punitive or incidental damages, or damages for loss of use, profits, data or other intangibles, damage to goodwill or reputation, or the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services, arising out of or related to the use, inability to use, performance or failures of this Website or the Linked Sites and any materials posted thereon, irrespective of whether such damages were foreseeable or arise in contract, tort, equity, restitution, by statute, at common law or otherwise. This does not affect Not Seven’s liability for death or personal injury arising from its negligence, nor for fraudulent misrepresentation, misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
This Website must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of this Website other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
Except where expressly stated to the contrary all persons (including their names and images), third party trade marks and images of third party products, services and/or locations featured on this Website are in no way associated, linked or affiliated with Not Seven and you should not rely on the existence of such a connection or affiliation. Any trade marks/names featured on this Website are owned by the respective trade mark owners. Where a trade mark or brand name is referred to it is used solely to describe or identify the products and services and is in no way an assertion that such products or services are endorsed by or connected to Not Seven.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Not Seven, its directors, officers, employees, consultants, agents, and affiliates, from any and all third party claims, liability, damages and/or costs (including, but not limited to, legal fees) arising from your use this Website or your breach of the Terms of Service.
Not Seven shall have the right in its absolute discretion at any time and without notice to amend, remove or vary the Services and/or any page of this Website.
If any part of the Terms of Service is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of the Terms of Service will not be affected all other clauses remaining in full force and effect. So far as possible where any clause/sub-clause or part of a clause/sub-clause can be severed to render the remaining part valid, the clause shall be interpreted accordingly. Alternatively, you agree that the clause shall be rectified and interpreted in such a way that closely resembles the original meaning of the clause /sub-clause as is permitted by law.
If you breach these conditions and we take no action, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach these conditions.
These terms and conditions are to be construed in accordance with the laws of Kosova and in the event of any dispute or claim associated with these terms and conditions, that dispute or claim shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Kosovar courts.
The above Terms of Service constitute the entire agreement of the parties and supersede any and all preceding and contemporaneous agreements between you and Not Seven. Any waiver of any provision of the Terms of Service will be effective only if in writing and signed by a Director of Not Seven.
As a reputable and trusted business committed to offering its customers high quality products, Not Seven recognizes its obligation to ensure that suppliers are operating ethically.
We expect our suppliers to consistently provide an environment which protects their employees’ health and safety and basic human rights.
All suppliers are expected to comply with their national employment laws and regulations with particular regard to:
• Minimum age of employment
• Freely chosen employment
• Health and safety
• Freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining
• No discrimination
• No harsh or inhumane treatment
• Working hours
• Rates of pay
• Terms of employment
Not Seven will never knowingly source stock from countries which are in breach of the above principles. We also look to our suppliers to instil these principles when dealing with their own supplier base.
Because of the sometimes complex nature of our suppliers’ supply chain, it is not always possible to monitor and control the conditions of each individual involved in the production of our products. However, as Not Seven continues to grow it recognises the importance of being proactive and doing everything within its power to support the rights of those involved in the manufacture of its goods.
Privacy & Cookies
At not-seven.com (“Not Seven”), we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of our customers and site visitors, including you. The Not Seven team members are customers themselves, both of Not Seven and other Internet sites. We therefore fully appreciate and respect the importance of data privacy and security on the Internet.
We believe you should feel both informed and empowered when it comes to our handling and usage of your information. This notice therefore explains:
- what information we collect when you’re using any Not Seven website or app, or when you’re communicating with us;
- why we collect that information;
- how we may then use that information;
- how we share that information;
- how long we keep your information, and how we protect it whilst we have it;
- what we won’t do with your information; and
- what choice and options you have to control your information.
So you only need to look in one place to find out all you need to know, this notice covers all Not Seven websites, apps and services. That includes the not-seven.com site, all our international sites, the Not Seven mobile site, the Not Seven iOS and Android applications, Not Seven Marketplace and its app (“Marketplace”), the Not Seven Magazine and its app (“Not Seven Mag”), Not Seven’ platform technology, and all other Not Seven websites, apps, developer platforms and other products and services (collectively “Not Seven” or the “Services”).
Because we’re an online fashion destination, the wording does have to get a little technical at times. But we’ve done our best to try to explain things as clearly as we can. We’re unlikely to have done this perfectly though, so we’re always happy to take any questions, comments or suggestions relating to this notice. Just contact our Customer Care team if you’d like to discuss this with us.
Everything we do relating to your information is covered by the following over-arching data principles:
- Your information belongs to you, not us – you should be able to control it, and you should know about, and be comfortable with, everything that we do with your information;
- We will only collect, keep, use and share your information either (a) for genuine business purposes that we’ve explained clearly to you and that you haven’t objected to, or (b) where we’re legally required to do so – and as soon as those purposes have been fully achieved, we will delete your information;
- We will be as clear and open as we can with you on what information we collect, why we collect it and how we use it, so you are informed and able to make decisions to control your information in the ways you’re comfortable with;
- As long as we have your information, we will keep it up to date and protect it as if it was our own sensitive information, using appropriate security safeguards, having kept on top of and appropriately taken into account the latest industry standards and best practice.
In any interaction you may have with Not Seven, we collect information in three possible ways:
1. When you directly give it to us (“Directly Provided Data”)
When you sign up for our site, or any time you visit Not Seven, or purchase our products, or communicate with us, you may choose to voluntarily give us certain information – for example, by filling in text boxes, or clicking on active buttons on our side, like ‘Add to Bag’. All this information requires a direct action by you at that time in order for us to receive it.
2. When you give us permission to obtain from other accounts (“User Authorised Data”)
Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for other online services, you may give us permission to obtain information from your account with those other services. For example, social media is an important part of how Not Seven interacts with our customers. In using social media (e.g. by signing onto Not Seven using your Facebook or Twitter log-in), you may give us permission to access your information in that social media channel or in other services. So, if you did choose to link your Facebook or Twitter account to Not Seven, this would enable us to obtain information and content from those accounts. Or if you’re using Not Seven on your mobile, you can also choose to provide us with location data. The information we obtain from those services does depend on your settings for that service or their privacy policies. So you should always regularly check what those are.
3. When our systems collect information or data as you use our websites or apps, or use websites or apps that are connected to Not Seven (“System Collected Data”)
These days, whenever you use a website, app, or other Internet service, there’s certain information that gets created and recorded automatically by the IT systems necessary to operate that site, app or service. The same is true when you use our websites, apps and services. For example:
(b) In addition, the type of device you’re using to access Not Seven and the settings on that device may provide us with information about your device, including what type of device it is, what specific device you have, what operating system you’re using, what your device settings are, and why a crash has happened. What information we can be provided with depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you’re using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or an Android phone. Your device manufacturer or operating system provider will have more details about what information your device makes available to us.
We need to answer this question first at the headline level, before looking at specifics.
At the headline level, we collect two types of information:
- “personally identifiable” information (meaning it can be used to specifically identify you); or
- “non-personally identifiable” information (meaning it relates to you but can’t be used to specifically identify you i.e. anonymous data like your unique Not Seven customer number).
When explaining the specific information we collect about you, we will endeavour to confirm which is “personally identifiable” and which is “non-personally identifiable” on the other.
The easiest way to explain the specific information we collect about you is to look at every different point of interaction you may have with Not Seven, as we collect different information at different points in your user or customer journey with Not Seven. These interaction points include the following:
- Browsing our site;
- Saving an item;
- Registering on Not Seven;
- Logging into Not Seven once registered;
- Making a purchase from Not Seven (i.e. adding to bag, checking out and completing a purchase);
- Contacting Not Seven Customer Care, either about an order or for any other reason;
- Using Not Seven social media channels;
- Clicking on Not Seven banners, hyperlinks or plugins.
Set out below is an explanation of what information we collect at each of these interaction points, along with confirmation of (a) whether you directly give it to us, or we collect it with your permission, or whether it is collected by our technical systems; and (b) whether it is “personally identifiable” information or “non-personally identifiable” information:
- the IP address of the computer or the proxy server that you use to access Not Seven – this is personally identifiable information;
- The type of device used to access our Services, your computer operating system details and settings, your type of web browser and your settings for that browser, the name of your ISP, (if you are accessing Not Seven using a mobile device) your mobile device, your mobile operating system, your mobile device identifier provided by your mobile device operating system, and location data (if you have that functionality set up) and other general device or systems information – this is non-personally identifiable information;
- statistical information and log data about number of visits to certain pages on the site (e.g. the home page); the pages you viewed and activities you carried out during your visit; the date and time of your visit; the duration of an individual page view, the paths taken by visitors through the site – this is also non-personally identifiable information.
If you are logged in on Not Seven when browsing, a cookie on your device will also identify you, and record and associate all of this non-personally identifiable usage information and log data with your account.
If you are logged in on Not Seven or log in during that same visit, the non-personally identifiable information relating to that saved item will be associated with your account, so that it is then displayed in your ‘Saved Items’ list for the next 60 days or until you remove it from your ‘Saved Items’ list (if earlier).
- Registering on Not Seven: In order to place an order with Not Seven, you need to create an account with us and become a registered user. It is not possible to place an order without being logged in on Not Seven. To create an account and register with us, you need to provide us with at least the following Directly Provided Data, all of which will be personally identifiable information:
- your name;
- your email address;
- a password;
- your mobile phone number.
After you create an account and register with us, you can then choose to provide further information about yourself during the registration process (for example, your gender and location). We also provide the option to register for a separate Not Seven Marketplace account, for which you must provide us with at least your name, email address and/or mobile number, and a password. Any further information you provide to us at this stage will also Directly Provided Data, all of which will be personally identifiable information.
When you create an account and register with us, Not Seven will keep that Directly Provided Data for as long as you are registered with us, so that we can then use it to identify you by your Not Seven profile, to operate all the systems (such as delivery systems) to enable you to place an order to purchase products from Not Seven, and to offer you a personalized, relevant experience on Not Seven.
- Logging into Not Seven: Once registered, if you wish to log in, you will need to input your email address and password again, which is Directly Provided Data and personally identifiable information. This will be matched to the up-to-date Directly Provided Data of the same type associated with your account to confirm your identity, and to enable you to place an order to purchase products from Not Seven.
- Purchasing from Not Seven: To purchase products from Not Seven, you will need to do the following:
- click the relevant button on the site to add the product(s) to your bag – at which point our systems will collect this Directly Provided Data relating to the identity, size and other product attributes of the item(s) you’ve added, so the item(s) can then be displayed in your ‘Bag’ until the end of that visit. This is non-personally identifiable information;
- be logged in (see above for an explanation of the information required to do that);
- select certain options relating to the delivery of the products you wish to order – our systems will collect this Directly Provided Data relating to your delivery selections in order to be able to fulfil and deliver your products to you by your required delivery method, should you complete your order. This is non-personally identifiable information;
- input certain details relating to your credit card, or log-in details for certain other payment systems, such as PayPal or Klarna. This Directly Provided Data will be collected by our systems, so we can take the required payment for the products you wish to purchase, should you complete your order. These details are personally identifiable information.
- To complete your order, you finally need to click the relevant button to ‘Place Order’. When we have this Directly Provided Data, we will record the full details of the completed order in our systems for as long as you are registered with us, so we can (a) fulfil and deliver your order, (b) add it to your order history and have a record of your purchases in order to deal with any queries you may have or process any returns you may wish to make, and (c) include it within the financial records of our business transactions. This is all personally identifiable information provided by you.
- Contacting Not Seven Customer Care: if you contact our customer care department for any reason (for example when you submit a question using the Ask a Question or Help Form or if you communicate with us on Live Chat), irrespective of which of the available communication channels you use to contact us, we will record the contact and collect all applicable information relating to the contact. Details of the contact with you will be both Directly Provided Data and personally identifiable information, which we will then:
- keep and use to help us categorise your specific question or contact, respond to it, and, if applicable, investigate, deal with and resolve any issue or incident, and
- keep for so long as you are registered with us so we have a history of all of our communications with you, any issues you may have had with us, and what we did to resolve those issues or incidents, which we can then use to ensure that we deal with any further contacts appropriately.
- Using or interacting with Not Seven social media channels: When you use or interact with any of our social media channels (like Facebook and Twitter), we may collect, record and retain certain System Collected Data and User Authorised Data regarding your activities on those social media channels, such as the frequency of your visits. For example, if you choose to use the Facebook “like” button to indicate you like any of our pages or apps, or if you tag any of your social media contacts or link to them in any content you post, we will record this information. This is most like to be non-personally identifiable information but may also include personally identifiable information depending upon your settings with those channels.
Any content you put or add on any of our social media channels will be Directly Provided Data, which may be personally identifiable information depending upon the content. We will collect, record and use that content and any other information you provide when putting or adding it to any of our social media channels (including any information that you have permitted those social media channels to share with us or that is allowed by your user settings on those sites).
Finally, any additional information about you that you need to provide when you use a particular social media channel or app will be explained in the terms and conditions for that app.
- Clicking on Not Seven emails, banners, hyperlinks or plugins: if you view or click on emails that we have sent you, or on banners, hyperlinks or plugins we have placed on our website or other websites, both the fact that you have done so , as well as the address of the site you were on when you did so, will be Directly Provided Data that we will record. This is all non-personally identifiable information. We will use this information to track and analyse how successful those emails, banners, hyperlinks or plugins are in engaging with you. We are constantly innovating to improve Not Seven and the Services, which means we may create new ways to collect information from you. If we do, we’ll tell you about any new information we are collecting through updates to this notice.
(1) Site functionality cookies – these cookies allow you to navigate the site and use our features, such as “Add to Bag” and “Save for Later”.
(2) Site analytics cookies – these cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use the site, to improve both its functionality and your shopping experience.
(3) Customer preference cookies – when you are browsing or shopping on Not Seven, these cookies will remember your preferences (like your language or location), so we can make your shopping experience as seamless as possible, and more personal to you.
(4) Targeting or advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver ads relevant to you. They also limit the number of times that you see an ad and help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
By using our site, you agree to us placing these sorts of cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the site in the future. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, the “help” section in your browser should provide instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Further information about cookies can be found at www.aboutcookies.org. Please note that by deleting or disabling future cookies, your user experience may be affected and you might not be able to take advantage of certain functions of our site, and the complete Not Seven user experience that we pride ourselves on providing our customers.
We collect all of this information from you for a number of different purposes, which we want you to understand – all of these purposes apply wherever Not Seven does business, including countries outside your own. A number of specific uses for specific data is already detailed above. But we often need to use lots of different types of information or data collectively in order for Not Seven to work and in order to be able to provide the Services to you. These more fundamental purposes include the collective use of your information:
- To ensure that our site’s content is presented as effectively as possible for you, and to enable you to participate in interactive features of our site, when you choose to do so – for example by providing you with more customised services and a more customised experience on Not Seven through things like language-specific profile pages, updates, and content, news, style advice and/or recommendations relevant to you to customise your experience on Not Seven
- To set up, and manage your account, so you can place orders, so we can provide our products and services to you, so we can make sure that the items you order get to you (and get there on time!), so we can communicate with you about your orders and your account, so we can track potential problems and trends, and customise our support responses to better serve you – basically, this relates to the nuts and bolts of our online retail business. It’s everything involved in putting the products on the website, so you can browse them and then order them, and so we can then deliver them to you and answer any questions or queries you may have. These are all the things that make Not Seven tick – and that get you looking good in your choice of our products!
- To ensure that our users are genuine and to ensure that we are paid for goods that we despatch – for example, by using personal information, or disclosing that personal information to a credit reference or fraud prevention agency, in order to confirm your identity and conduct appropriate anti-fraud checks. Any such credit reference or fraud prevention agency may keep a record of that information but please note that a formal credit check is not performed and your credit rating will not be affected.
- To update you on our latest products, news and special offers – If you have registered with us or provided us with your email address and elected to receive marketing communications from us, we will occasionally update you on our latest products, news and special offers via e-mail, post, telephone and other means available through the Services, including mobile text messages and push notifications. You will also be given the opportunity to receive such communications from us and selected third parties. This includes if you choose to use the Facebook “like” button to indicate you like any of our pages or apps. Examples of these communications include: (1) welcome and engagement communications – informing you about how to best use Not Seven, new features etc.; (2) service communications on things like service availability, security, and other issues about the functioning of Not Seven; (3) promotional communications, including details of our latest sale or promotion. These messages will be sent to you based on your profile information and messaging preferences as selected by you in relation to your account. Please keep your settings up to date or contact our Customer Care team if you wish to change any of these preferences, including unsubscribing from our mailing list.
- To create a link to our app in your social media channels – some of our apps may give you the option to post updates to your Facebook wall or other social media channel, and to the wall of your social media friends, or to send invitations to your friends. This may create a link to our app, dependent on your privacy settings in that social media channel. When you send an invitation, please be aware that it may contain your social media username and profile picture so your friend knows who sent them the invitation.
- To target Not Seven banners and ads to you when you’re on certain other websites (what’s called Digital Marketing Re-targetting) – we do this using a variety of digital marketing networks and ad exchanges, and advertising technologies like web beacons, pixels, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers, and the banners and ads you will see will be based on your previous use of Not Seven (for example, your Not Seven search history, the content you read on Not Seven, etc.) or on Not Seven banners or ads you’ve previously clicked on.
- To carry out polls, surveys, analysis and research on how our site is being used, customer views, what we could do better etc, – these polls, surveys, analysis and research may be conducted by Not Seven, or third parties. Not Seven or those third parties may follow up with you via email regarding your participation unless you have opted out of receiving email messages. We may use third parties to deliver incentives to you to participate in polls, surveys, analysis or research, and verifying your contact information, which may require your contact information and other personally identifiable information to be provided to the third party fulfilling the incentive offer.
- To make Not Seven’s products and services better and to develop new ones – Not Seven uses and stores site statistical information and log data, to help it identify potential areas to improve the services we offer.
We are aware that it is Not Seven that you are trusting with your information, not some other company. But, to be able to carry out our business, we do need to work with a number of third parties who are experts in their particular fields – after all, we’re good at what we do, but we’re not good at everything! We are very careful who we share your information with, but it is important that you understand when that sharing takes place and why, and that’s what this section explains. The limited instances where we may share your information include:
- We share your information internally within the Not Seven Group when required for our business to function: Like any big global business, Not Seven is not just a single company, but instead is a group, made up of a number of different company and entities in different parts of the world. We may therefore need to disclose your information (including your personally identifiable information) to any of our group of companies as necessary, in order to operate Not Seven and to provide the Services. As they are all part of the Not Seven Group, the requirements set out in this notice apply to all of these companies, as equally as they do to not-seven.com Limited
- We share your information externally with our core service providers when required for our business to function: Also like any big global business, Not Seven relies on a number of external companies to provide it with key services, products and applications in order to be able to provide the Services. These include for example companies who help us pick and pack orders, make deliveries, support our customers, carry out fraud protection and credit risk reduction checks, support our IT systems, help keep us secure, enable our marketing, audit whether we’re doing what we’re supposed to be doing, or make sure we’re keeping the books right. We just can’t do everything ourselves, after all, and working with experts in various fields enables us to improve our Services for you in the quickest, most efficient way.
Each of the external companies we work with has been selected by us for their ability to provide what we need to our required specification, including their ability to handle sensitive data (like your personal information) securely and appropriately. Each of these external companies has a contract with us, which clearly sets out our expectations and requirements in handling any of your information, and holds them fully responsible for meeting those expectations and requirements. On that basis and only on that basis, we may therefore disclose your personal information (including your personally identifiable information) to such third parties who need to be given specific tailored access to your information to facilitate our Services by performing key tasks on our behalf, and who are obligated to only use it in line with our instructions, and not to disclose or use it for other purposes. We are confident that we can trust those third party service providers with your information.
- We share your information when we’re required to comply with a legal request: to do business in all the countries that we do, Not Seven is required to liaise with a number of regulators and other law enforcement agencies in each of those countries. Whilst it doesn’t happen often (touch wood!), some of those regulators or agencies may legally require us to share your information with them, under law, under a court order or subpoena, or as a result of some other legal process. If we do come under a legal or regulatory duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, we will have to share your information (including your personally identifiable information) if we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply. Having said that, we may dispute such demands when we believe, in our discretion, that the requests are overboard, vague or lack proper authority. We will also attempt to notify you about legal demands for your personally identifiable information when appropriate in our judgment, unless prohibited by law or court order or when the request is an emergency.
- We share your information where we believe it’s reasonably necessary to protect Not Seven or our customers: Sadly, Not Seven (like many other companies) can be the subject of attempted fraudulent or criminal activities, which does sometimes require us to take certain steps to protect both our business and our customers. We may therefore disclose your information (including your personally identifiable information) if we have a good faith belief that disclosure is reasonably necessary to (1) detect, investigate, prevent, take action regarding or otherwise address suspected or actual illegal activities, fraud, security or technical issues or to assist government enforcement agencies; (2) enforce or apply our terms and conditions of usage; (3) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations; (4) protect the security or integrity of our Service; or (5) to exercise or protect the rights, property, or safety of Not Seven, our customers, or others.
- We share your information externally with other partners when we have your consent to do so: Not Seven works with a number of other partners who, whilst not essential for our business to operate, do enhance your experience with Not Seven and your usage of the Services, in our opinion. This includes our marketing partners and social media partners (like Facebook or Twitter, if you’ve chosen to link your Not Seven account to those services or publish your activity on Not Seven to them) as well as third parties to deliver incentives to you to participate in competitions, offers, polls, surveys, analysis or research. We only believe in partnering with companies that we believe are right for Not Seven and its customers, and that enhance our Services. On that basis and only on that basis, we may therefore disclose your personal information (including your personally identifiable information) to such third parties who are obligated to Not Seven only use it in line with our instructions, and not to disclose or use it for other purposes. We are confident that we can trust those third party service providers with your information. But, as we know that people can feel strongly about their information being shared with companies when it is not essential to do, we will only do so where you have given us your consent to do that. And if you change your mind at any time, we’ll stop that sharing as soon as we can. More details on how to do that are set out below.
- We may share your information externally if we are considering a corporate transaction: We are always looking at ways to make our corporate group stronger and more effective. As a result, we may sometime consider certain corporate transactions, such as a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or similar transaction or proceeding. If we were to consider such a transaction, that may involve the transfer of your information (including your personally identifiable information) solely for the purposes of enabling that transaction or proceeding to be assessed. In the event that Not Seven sells or buys any business or assets, or if Not Seven or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, your personal data which we hold about our customers may be one of the transferred assets.
- We may share aggregated non-personally identifiable information externally: We do also share certain information which, whilst not personally identifiable information relating to you, does include information that relates to your usage of our products, sites and Services, aggregated together with the same information from other users for example. Even though this would not include your personally identifiable information, we nonetheless want you to be able to understand that level of sharing as well. This sharing therefore happens for reasons such as these:
- We may provide reports containing aggregated information about your activities on various pages on our websites, or what are called ‘impressions’, to companies hosting Not Seven plugins and similar technologies to help them measure Not Seven-generated traffic to their websites.
- We may share aggregated or non-personally identifiable information with our brands and other product providers. For example, we may tell brands stocked on Not Seven how many people viewed or purchased one of their product lines.
- We may disclose aggregate, anonymised statistics about the number of visitors to this site or the number of purchases made as required by our investors.
WE WILL NOT Sell your information without your consent: We will not sell your personally identifiable information – including your name, address, e-mail address, or credit card information – to any third party. We believe this is absolutely essential to receive and repay your trust in us.
WE WILL NOT Share your information with third-party advertiser or ad networks: We do not currently display third party adverts on our website and, even if we did, we would not support sharing your personally identifiable information with any third-party advertiser or ad network.
In the explanations above, we have tried to be as specific as we can about how long we keep your information for. But in general we retain the information you provide either while your account is in existence, or as needed to be able to provide the Services to you, or (in the case of any contact you may have with our Customer Care team) for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting and trend analysis only.
If legally required or if it is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our Terms and Conditions, we may also retain some of your information for a limited period of time as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the Services to you.
We want you to have simple and meaningful choices over your information. While we work hard behind the scenes to protect you and your data at all times, we’re also committed to providing you with tools to further manage the privacy and security of your information yourself.
With respect to the information relating to you that ends up in our possession, and recognising that it is your choice to provide us with your personally identifiable information, we commit to giving you the ability to do all of the following:
- You can verify the details you have submitted to Not Seven by contacting our Customer Care team, or via the e-mail address or address given below. Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we reveal information, including your e-mail address and possibly your address.
- You can also contact us by the same method to change, correct, or delete your personal information controlled by Not Seven regarding your profile at any time. Please note though that, if you have shared any information with others through the Not Seven Social Media channels for example, that information may remain visible, even after you have deleted the information from your own account.
- You can withdraw or modify your consent to Not Seven’ collection and processing of the information you provide at any time. You can do this by changing your account settings. You can access ‘Your Account’ by logging in.
- You can link or unlink your Not Seven account from an account on another service (e.g., Facebook or Twitter), also by changing your account settings.
- You can close your account, also through our account settings. If you close your account(s), we’ll deactivate it and will generally delete closed account information within 30 days of account closure, except as set out in this notice. However, we may retain archived copies of your information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes (including to help address fraud and spam). Please note though that, if you have shared any information with others through the Not Seven Social Media channels for example, that information may remain visible, even after you have closed your account.
- You can opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us at any time.This can be done through your account settings, by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in any email communications which we might send you, or by contacting our Customer Care team. Once you do this, we will update your profile to ensure that you don’t receive further emails. Please note that this might take a few days for all our systems to have updated with that fact, and that you might receive a small number of emails from us while we process your request.
- At any time, you can request a copy of the personal data we hold on our systems about you. If you wish to do so, please contact our Customer Care team who will be able to assist you with your query. We won’t charge you anything for this, but we might need to ask some further questions to confirm your identity before we provide any information.
You may also have choices available to you through the device or software you use to access Not Seven. For example, the browser you use may provide you with the ability to control cookies or other types of local data storage, or your mobile device may provide you with choices around how and whether location or other data is shared with us. [In particular, if online adverts are not to your liking, we would encourage you to find out more about the Do Not Track browser setting.] To learn more about these choices, please refer to your device or software provider.
We are always striving to make sure your information is protected. As soon as we receive your information, we use various security features and procedures, taking into account industry standards, to try to protect the personal information that you provide and to prevent unauthorised access to that information. For example:
- We also offer secure “https” access to the transactional parts of not-seven.com website (that is to the bits where you are required to provide Directly Provided Data). [This includes to existing SSL access over mobile devices]. [We’re working on making secure “https” access a default across Not Seven.]
- Access to your data on Not Seven is password-protected, and sensitive data (such as credit card information) is protected by SSL encryption when it is exchanged between your web browser and the Not Seven Services. To further secure your credit card, we also don’t keep details of the security code (or CCV number) that you need to input in order to complete an order using your credit card.
- To protect any data you store on our servers, we regularly monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, as well as carrying out penetration testing of our own on those systems to try to identify possible improvements. We also use a tier-one secured-access data center.
We will do our best to protect your personal data. Unfortunately, security cannot be guaranteed though. There are therefore a number of general things we would also recommend that you do. Please help keep your account safe by using a strong password that includes characters other than just letters. We will also encourage you not to use the same password across all or many of your online accounts. As emails, instant messaging, and similar means of communication are not encrypted, we also would recommend not communicating any confidential information through these means.
Both the information you provide to us, and the information we collect, is controlled by not-seven.com Limited, including for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) and any other applicable laws.
We are always keen to hear from our customers (especially if you feel we’ve let you down or fallen short of your expectations). We are always grateful for any time you spend providing us with the knowledge we need to ensure our customers are completely satisfied – after all, we want you to return to the site and to recommend us to your friends and family. If you have any questions or feedback about this statement, or if you would like us to stop processing your information, please do not hesitate to contact a customer service member of the Not Seven team, who will be delighted to answer any questions you may have. You can contact customer care via the Not Seven website.
This page was last updated on 15 August 2016.